We are located in a remote quiet setting that is situated only 8 miles from the towns of San Ignacio and Santa Elena. We are also within close proximity of the beautiful Mountain Pine Ridge area with its magnificent natural wonders which include caves, falls, and rivers.
Click here for Belize map to help get you to Macaw Bank Junlge Lodge.
- Buses run regularly from Belize City and other towns to San Ignacio.
- We can arrange for airport pickup with a cost of $125.00 USD for 1-4 persons.
- Limit of 4 passengers and luggage.
- Pick ups in San Ignacio Town to lodge can also be arranged at a cost of $35.00 USD.
However, to facilitate your jungle adventure, we highly recommend renting a 4WD vehicle.
From the airport
The car rental company will get you to the Western Highway.
Follow the Western Highway towards San Ignacio.
Once you reach the outskirts of town, (the Santa Elena side) you will see a green government sign over the road directing you to Caracol / Pine Ridge. Here you will go left.
NOTE: This is the second green government sign toward Caracol / Pine Ridge. DO NOT take the first. There will be a gas station on your immediate right before this left turn. You may want to fill up there for it is the last gas station you will meet. Once you make this left, you have 8 more miles. This will be the Cristo Rey Road.
Pass through the village of Cristo Rey, and keep driving 2 miles in.
On the right you will see a group of signs; one is for Macaw Bank Jungle Lodge. Here you turn right.
You will have 2 more miles off road through the bush. There are three distance marker signs on this 2 mile stretch. Follow this road until you see an arch over the road with a sign at the entrance.
You are Here!
Link to auto rental: (more available in a Google search)
We encourage you to bring:
- refillable water bottles
- insect repellent
- comfortable walking shoes
- casual and comfortable cotton clothing and possibly a light sweater for cooler evenings and mornings. ( December-February)